Our Global Energy and Natural Resources practice is one of our firm's many core strengths and Jingtian & Gongcheng continues to be a leader in this field in China. Our lawyers have a keen ability to deftly handle highly regulated, complex deals across traditional energy and natural resources sectors, such as oil, coal, natural gas, coalbed methane, hydropower, as well as new energy sources including solar power, biomass, garbage power, wind power, LED, and mineral resources. Our deep experience spans across all these areas and our Global Energy and Natural Resources lawyers have completed a vast amount of deals of that involve capital markets listings, M&A, and foreign direct investment. Our work to date has included drafting and negotiation joint exploration and exploitation contracts and profit-sharing contracts and securing relevant government approvals and related filings, green-field joint venture projects, build-operate-transfer (BOT) projects, and build-own-operate (BOO) projects.
Representative projects that we have advised on span the globe and cover projects throughout Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Mongolia), South Asia (Pakistan), Southeast Asia (Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia), North America (USA, Canada), and Africa (Liberia, Sierra Leone).
Areas of Work
Our platform provides comprehensive, one-stop legal services to help companies pursue their energy and natural resources projects, which include:
- Legal retainer agreements for energy and natural resources, including providing tailored advice on legal relationships, legal consequences and corresponding legal responsibilities, customizing advice for our clients’ specific commercial objectives, proposing multiple plans and solutions to legal challenges as needed, and providing relevant information to ensure compliance with applicable laws
- For significant investments and M&A transactions, providing due diligence, designing deal structures, drafting and revising documentation, negotiating and arranging delivery. If projects involve bidding or government concessions, Jingtian & Gongcheng will immerse itself from the bidding stage through to completion, provide comprehensive services including reviewing bidding documents, setting up alliances, signing concession documents, and related processes.
- Drafting and negotiating of joint exploration and exploitation and energy and natural resource profit-sharing contracts.
- Providing legal advice in relation to financing services involved in energy and natural resources projects, such as project finance, mining rights pledge, and similar activities.
- Developing systems and procedures for energy-related contract management and legal risk control, and providing attendant advice and solutions
Providing practical legal advice, deal structure and relevant legal services in the energy and natural resources sector.
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Sweeps Up 15 Nominations in ALB 2019 China Law Awards
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in 10 Practices and 10 Lawyer Recognized in Asialaw Profiles 2019
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins China Business Law “Outstanding Deal of the Year”
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2014 in 8 Practice Areas
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins in Six Categories at the China Law & Practice 2014 Annual Awards