Jingtian & Gongcheng's Banking and Finance team has worked with all types of financial institutions and has gained significant insight into the full spectrum of legal challenges arising from banking and finance matters.
Our clients are interconnected with all major Chinese and foreign banks and financial institutions. At Jingtian & Gongcheng, we fully understand various financing businesses of banks under Chinese law and common financing operations around the world.
We often handle multi-currency and multi-jurisdictional deals on behalf of banks and financial institutions operating from different countries and regions. The contracts and documentation drafted and prepared by our team comply with Chinese laws and government regulations, as well as international standards.
Jingtian & Gongcheng has close working relationships with government agencies and industrial organizations such as the People's Bank of China, State Administration of Foreign Exchange, China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission, China Banking Association, and the National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors, all of which ensures that we can provide our clients with timely information that may impact their business.
Areas of Work
- Buyout finance
- Consortium loans
- Daily operations of commercial banks
- Debt or loan restructuring
- Derivatives and structured products
- Financial leasing
- International commercial loans
- Legal issues on bank cards
- Merger between banks and non bank financial institutions
- Non-performing assets of financial institutions
- Private banking and retail banking
- Project finance
- Structural finance
- Trade finance
“Highly specialised in handling cross-border project finance and offshore SPV issues for high-profile domestic and overseas financial institutions and corporations. The firm offers a full raft of services in banking and finance, including syndicated and commercial loan facilities. Frequently mandated on financings related to privatisation, acquisitions and real estate development projects.”
—— Chambers and Partners (2020)
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins 17 Practice Area Recommendations and 28 Individual Recommendations in LEGALBAND 2019 Rankings
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Awarded Best Overall Law Firms and China Business Law Awards in 6 Practice Areas
- Jingtian & Gongcheng’s Lawyers Ranked by Chambers Global Guide 2019 in Multiple Areas
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Awarded “2018 FinanceAsia Achievement Awards”
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in Multiple Practice Areas and Many Lawyers Recognized in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019