There are few industries as dynamic as the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (“TMT”) sector. Since the 1990s, Jingtian & Gongcheng's TMT lawyers have combined industry knowledge with precision, in-depth interpretation of relevant laws and regulations, to formulate original views regarding the industry.
Encompassing the full spectrum of TMT sub-sectors, our services range from angel financing, start-up coaching, VC/PE financing for domestic and overseas listings, inbound and outbound M&A, regulatory compliance and more.
Many renowned TMT domestic and foreign investment institutions choose Jingtian & Gongcheng for our demonstrated excellence within this sector. Our successes include blockbuster listings and restructuring of telecommunication giants China Mobile and China Telecom, and internationalization and capitalization of China's first generation of internet enterprises, such as Sohu, NetEase and ChinaNet. Other household-name clients include Baidu, JD.com, XiaoMi, Suning, Focus Media, iQIYI, 58.com and Pinduoduo. Our experience, expertise and proven track record have earned us numerous awards and accolades.
Areas of Work
- Artificial intelligence
- Big data
- Cloud computing
- Offline-to-Online (O2O)
- Inclusive finance
- Intelligent medical care
"Sizeable bench of practitioners which leverages expertise in corporate M&A and overseas issuance to assist clients in the technology and telecoms sphere. Strong capital markets capabilities are sought after by clients in the TMT sector as well as underwriters."
—— Chambers and Partners (2020)
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins 17 Practice Area Recommendations and 28 Individual Recommendations in LEGALBAND 2019 Rankings
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Sweeps Up 15 Nominations in ALB 2019 China Law Awards
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in Multiple Practice Areas and Many Lawyers Recognized in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in Nine Practices and 21 Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Sweeps Up 18 Nominations in ALB 2018 China Law Awards