Corporate and Commercial law is one of the pillars of our firm and one of Jingtian & Gongcheng's core practices. Since the founding of our firm, our Corporate and Commercial lawyers have attained a high degree of industry recognition. As the Chinese economy continues to open to foreign investment,and as many industries are becoming increasingly accessible to private enterprises, Jingtian & Gongcheng's Corporate and Commercial team has been at the forefront, advising on legislative changes and leveraging this experience to advise domestic and international companies across different areas of corporate law, providing access to different industries, securing administrative approval, and advising on the host of issues that companies experience during daily operations.
Our clients include not only Fortune 500 multinational companies, state-owned enterprises, public and private companies, but also start-up companies that are leaders in their respective niche markets. We take great pride in developing trust-based relationships with our valued and diversified client base.
Areas of Work
- Corporate law, including drafting and review of various contracts, regulations, announcements, government regulatory and licensing applications, and other legal documents, as well as advising clients of potential legal risks, addressing various legal queries, and proposing viable solutions
- Providing advice from multidisciplinary teams including due diligence for domestic and foreign mergers and acquisitions, planning M&A deals, drafting legal documentation, conducting negotiation and managing delivery
- Assisting clients in company formation, registration of company changes, canceling registration and related affairs
- Assisting clients in drafting human resource regulations and resolving employment-related disputes
- Advising on government investigations, penalties, and potential arbitration or ligation
Organizing training programs on emerging and developing legal issues in response to client needs
"Respected national practice with a strong corporate practice in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong. Has launched a new branch office in Nanjing. Highly regarded for its dexterity in assisting with acquisitions, private equity, and Hong Kong listings. Also possesses respected dispute resolution capabilities, especially in relation to securities law disputes."
— Chambers and Partners (2020)
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in Nine Practices and 21 Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
- Jingtian & Gongcheng’s Lawyers Ranked by Chambers and Partners 2018 in 9 Practice Areas
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Partners, Zhang Hongjiu and Dong Chungang, Selected as China Business Law Journal’s “A-List”
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked as a Leading Firm Across Eight Practices by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2012
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Recognized as Leading PRC Firm in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2011