With increasing interest in Belt and Road, and with the expansion of Chinese investment and operations abroad, Jingtian & Gongcheng's Projects and Infrastructure practice continues to move from strength to strength. Our lawyers have assisted in the development numerous domestic highway, railway, and water conservancy projects and in raising capital to finance their construction. Our clients include infrastructure project owners, their financial advisors, and other industry investors.
We advise across equity investments and equity financing; equity transfers, capital increases, private placements, debt investments and debt financing, investments and financing related to entrusted loans or income rights, public-private-partnership (PPP) projects, infrastructure investment and financing projects.
We have delivered legal advice relating to equity investments and public-private-partnership projects for power plants, energy infrastructure projects., highway, toll road and transportation projects, and infrastructure and industrial projects financed by development organizations such as China Development Bank (CDB) funds and China Communications Construction Company (CCCC) funds. The cumulative project value amounts to hundreds of billions of yuan.
Areas of Work
Our Projects and Infrastructure services include:
- Providing consultation and advice on infrastructure-related issues raised by clients
- Conducting legal due diligence on infrastructure projects and target companies on behalf of clients
- Assisting clients in developing investment and financing plan
- Assisting clients in conducting negotiation and communication with relevant parties
Drafting and developing corresponding legal documents for clients
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins 17 Practice Area Recommendations and 28 Individual Recommendations in LEGALBAND 2019 Rankings
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in 10 Practices and 10 Lawyer Recognized in Asialaw Profiles 2019
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins in Six Categories at the China Law & Practice 2014 Annual Awards
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Recognized as Leading PRC Firm in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2011
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins Two “Deals of the Year” at ALB Awards 2004